Here is a non-exhaustive list of goods and services promotion of which is prohibited on Emarket in Nigeria:
1. Narcotics, steroids, and any drugs or medications that require a prescription from a licensed medical specialist
3. Restricted military/police items
4. Human organs
5. Illegal/pirated copies
6. Stolen property
7. Code grabbing and lock picking devices
8. Electronic equipment prohibited by the law
9. Sexually-oriented services
10. Loans, money transactions, Bitcoin
11. Multi-level marketing, pyramid, and matrix programs
12. Network marketing and “Home Base Business” jobs
13. Products (goods or services) prohibited to sell by the law, in particular:
a. Food, processed food, water, soft drinks, spirit drinks, medical devices, drugs, drug products, cosmetics, chemicals, agrochemicals, pesticides, veterinary drugs, or other goods if they have not been registered with the National Agency for Food & Drug Administration and Control (the “NAFDAC”) or other relevant authority of Nigeria;
b. Any goods, sale, distribution, or advertising of which is banned or restricted by the NAFDAC or any other relevant authority of Nigeria;
c. Any goods, sale, distribution or advertising of which is prohibited by applicable legislation of Nigeria;
d. Any goods that do not comply with standards and quality requirements imposed on such goods by applicable legislation of Nigeria;
e. Any goods that are represented on the label or described as a treatment, preventative, or cure for diseases, disorders, or abnormal physical states specified by applicable legislation of Nigeria.
14.Trophies and wildlife specimens (including but not limited to ivory artifacts and pangolin parts) in relation to which trade is prohibited by applicable legislation.
If you have noticed any adverts promoting prohibited items, please report them by clicking here.